Wednesday 12 February 2014

10 Things Only A Nurse Would Say

 10 Things Only A Nurse Would Say
1. At a party, when somebody tells “the grossest story ever”: “Is that the best you can do?”

2. Before another party, to your significant other: “Remember, I’m an accountant.”

 3. To any child, anywhere: “Are you bleeding? Are there any parts missing? No? You’ll be fine.”

 4. At the end of the day: “Let me just (CLUNK) unload (TINKLE) my (CRUNCH CRUNCH) pockets and I’ll be (SMASH KERTHUNK WOBBLE) right with (SLAM) you.”

 5. Tasting the punch at a wedding: “They call this spiked?”

6. Hunting through the junk drawer in the kitchen: “Honey, have you seen my needle drivers?”

7. Before leaving for a destination 10 minutes away: “We only have an hour and 45 minutes to get there! Don’t want to be late!”

8. As an explanation for the look on his or her face: “Isolation. Eight hundred pounds. C-diff.”

9. Surveying the leftovers on the break room table: “It’s only 16 hours old. I’m sure it’s fine.”

10. And finally, to any medical student, nursing student, or new resident: “Watch, my child, and learn.”

No comments:

Post a Comment